Diana Frances Spencer

by Virginia from Jakarta

Diana was born on July 1st 1961. She was young and beautiful. She was not a princess when she was born. She was born to the viscount and viscountees of Althorp, Edward John Spencer and Frances Shand Kydd. When she was fourteen years old, her father succeeded to earldom and became the 8th Earl Spencer. She then became Lady Diana. Diana was a kindergarten teacher after her schooling and before her marriage.

Then, on the 29th of July in 1981, in ST. Paul's Cathedral, their marriage was aired worldwide and about a billion people watched. She was then titled as the Princess of Wales. She was perfect to marry someone of royalty. She later had two handsome sons, William(1982) and Henry(1984).

Diana was also known to be very interested in social problems and raised knowledge of the Red Cross Campaign for a world ban on landmines. She worked with many good causes not just in Britain, but also overseas. She also worked hard to ban the world's usage of landmines and she was also really concern about HIV/AIDS. That is why she was very well known by the world.

Unfortunately, Diana's most famous marriage with Charles ended in divorce in 1996. It was no longer a family. Terribly, just one year after the divorce, Diana also ended in a tragic death. She died in an accident in the Pon't de Alma tunnel, France, on August 31st with her friend, Dodi Al Fayed.

But overall, Diana used her power and fame to give hope. She also had a generous smile, an open heart, and a helping hand for us and the world.