Duquesa

by Karen Lizeth from Tampico

My dog is named Duquesa. She is 5 years. She is light brown with white, she is so beautiful. I love her, she is like a sister, we play, she likes that I touch her stomach. She is my hero because she is there when I feel sad, she alerts us when some people are at the door, and she is my hero. I think that Duquesa is a hero for all my family because she is also my friend.

All the people had to consider Duquesa as a hero because she is the only dog that is brave. Some dogs are not brave because they live inside. The dogs that are outside learn about the danger, the people, and they are alert to alert us of something bad. Duquesa is not only a dog, she is a HERO. We had to think that all of our dogs are heroes.

Duquesa became a hero when she was little she learned to be brave, to not get afraid of the things that happen, and the most important thing to be alert of the danger that other people caused.

In New Year Duquesa became crazy because of the noise that people make, she was very crazy, running to every place, she looked very cute running to all the different places. Duquesa likes to run in the park, she is so obedient, and I like that. She never disobeys me ever. I taught her to sit down; when she goes to the bathroom she goes always to the same place every time. When you take out Duquesa to the park she is very obedient. When you tell her sit down or anything you tell her, she does it. She is my friend and I protect her and she protects me.

*Why do you think your hero has become a hero for you? I think Duquesa is a hero for me because she is my friend and she is brave.

*Why should all the rest of the world consider your hero as a hero as well? I think that she is alert of the danger.