Dr. Helen Tuschling

by Eman from Alexandria

<a href=http://www.wordinfo.info/words/images/blindmen-elephant.gif>Blind men and the elephant</a>
Blind men and the elephant

"A picture is worth a thousand words". That was literally true for my teacher: Dr. Helen. She turned my poetry class into a gallery full of artistic pictures; everyday she added marvelous shades of colours, applying her experienced strokes and using her endless resource of brushes and tools, painting the canvas of my mind and soul and creating a masterpiece of her own.

It is well known that poetry is the art of the elite. That elite teacher of mine taught me how to appreciate such a refined medium of art. She helped me widen my horizons and encompass the whole universe in my hand and vision. In her own simple and dedicated ways she made me more able not only to understand others but also to feel them. Indeed, she added a lot to my personal map.

Had it been someone else other than Dr Helen teaching me poetry, I would not have been the person I am today. I am so grateful to my great teacher, and whenever she passes my mind, I look up to her as my heroine who would march on doing her work quietly ... painting endless images with her magic words.