Tony Hawk

by Cameron from Hot Springs, Arizona

Tony Hawk was born in San Diego, California on May 12, 1968 and is still alive today. Tony is a professional skateboarder and a hero to many. He is a hero for many reasons, but I think that the major reasons are the profile words that he follows in his life as a skateboarder, his contribution to society and what he has taught people about becoming a hero to someone.

Tony is caring because he is willing to give up his own money to help kids and keep them out of trouble. He is also a risk taker because he performs in public audiences and on live television. Another profile word that describes him is thinker. He wisely chooses how to use his talents and money.

Tony's contribution to society is his own foundation for children skateboarders. He opens many skate parks for children and gives them skate gear like helmets, skateboards, elbow pads and knee pads. The skate parks give five kids that live in poor neighborhoods something to do to keep them out of trouble. It lets them know that if they work hard, they can accomplish much in life.

Tony Hawk taught me that I have to stay focused to be a hero to somebody. I have to stick with something and follow it all the way. I have to stay active and keep up with what I am doing to inspire others. I have to do good deeds for other people and make sure they stay out of trouble.

There are many reasons why Tony Hawk is a hero to me. The most important reason is the profile words he performs through his life, his contribution to society and what he has taught me about being a hero.