Angelina Jolie

by Margaretha from Jakarta

Angelina Jolie in Her Humanitarian Work
Angelina Jolie with her Son, Maddox (from Google Image Search)

Angelina Jolie Voight was born in Los Angeles, California, on June 4th, 1975. The meaning of her name is Pretty Little Angel. Jolie is the daughter of actors Jon Voight and Marcheiline Bertrand. But now, she was not interested to have a relationship with her father. She did not hate him but now she removed Voight as her last name, taking "Angelina Jolie" as her legal name.

Angelina Jolie is not only an actor, but also works in humanitarian organizations. What are these Humanitarian organizations? She meets poor people and entertains them so they can feel cared for by other people. I was really excited by her when she adopted Maddox to be her son. She adopted him and took care of him with every love that she has to share in this world with. I first thought that she wouldn't adopt more children after Maddox. But when I saw the magazine and knew that she had adopted Sahara, I was really surprised and found more news about it. And it wasn't wrong. She really did take care of Sahara and Maddox like they were her own children. She wasn't looked at like a step-mother. She looks like a mother - like another mother in this world. She looks likes an Angel to me.

But she wasn't satisfied yet. She made a book about her journey. She does a great job. It was a great book that can make people feel the suffering of the poor people. She can make people open their eyes about the real world. For me, she wasn't just a great woman. She was an Angel and a mother for poor people. Keep goin' JOLIE!

Angelina Jolie's work with the U.N. - "What's Going On?" UN Works

My name is Margaretha. I'm 16 years old and Santa Ursula Senior High School is my School now. I study in in the 10th grade. I live in Indonesia exactly in Jakarta. Santa Ursula Senior High School is one of the favourite and top schools in Jakarta. It's also a Private School. But in Santa Ursula Senior High School, the students are only girls, no boys allowed at my school. It's fun to study here.