Poets

My Friend, Julia

by Reena from El Paso

Name:Juliet Age:14 Color:Violet Band:Evanscence

That was just a random day at the park. (perk)

Juliet is my best friend as well as my hero. She has been through a lot in the past three years I have known her, and yet she gets through it gracefully. Just recently her parents split up, and she has been dealing with it like a mature adult (far better than I ever would). She has also moved twice in the past two years and has managed to still be there for me when I need her. I know that Juliet will always be there for me, and even though that sounds corny I know it’s true.

Juliet is an extremely talented writer and her work goes far beyond her years. She puts even some of the best poets and writers to shame in my opinion. She has come so far through the three years I’ve known her…

Hello

Hello she said one summer day
the sky was dark the world was grey
Hello she said one winter night
with now one there
he was out of sight
She sat there thinking to herself
Will I have love?
Will I have wealth?
What will happen when I grow old?
Will it be dark?
Will it be cold?
What will happen when I grow old?

Hello she said, ten years later
What happened to her?
Why does everyone hate her?

Hello she said, twenty years more
I have love, my life is galore
It is perfect in every way
Now she doesn't know what to say...

Forty years more
no longer galore,
No friends or family
life is ashore

A bitter woman, robbed of time
She will not say hello,
the very last time.

JOINED

Sweet beginings and bitter endings
go together forever

love and hate
mesh as one

light and dark
are everlasting

lust and passion
are just for fun

Life and death
are just choices

Truth and lies
are loud voices

good and evil
are both the same

hurt and pain
can be tamed

Her World
You may think Julia is a normal girl. After all she gets up every day, goes to sleep, and so on, but, to me she is not only my best friend but my hero as well.
She was born in 1992 and within the past three years, she has moved two times. She currently lives in Nashville. Despite issues with her family and having to make new friends, she still manages to be there for me whenever I need her. She is a talented writer and her work goes beyond her years. She lives with her mother, little sister and grandmother.
She loves listening to music and reading, her favorite band is Evanscenece and she is a big fan of Shakespeare. She likes to be left alone and come off as mean when you look at her, but she is really the sweetest thing you'll ever meet.
Juliet is my hero because she is my best friend.

This is a site for my best friend and hero. I thought this would be a good way to show it... and it's for a grade.