Kadir Nelson

by Christian from Missouri City

Kadir Nelson
Kadir Nelson

Introduction

I found cool facts about Kadir Nelson.  Kadir Nelson was born in 1982 in Washington DC.  He had parents, brothers, and sisters.  Though he didn't die.  He is still alive.

Childhood

Here is Kadir Nelson's childhood facts.  He began drawing at the age of three.  When he was eleven he was an apprentice of his uncle.  Uncle's name is Uncle Morse.

Adult Life

Awesome facts about Kadir Nelson's adult life.  His artwork focuses on African American culture.  He is an author and illustrator.  He drew the art for the film Amistad.  He illustrated for the Coco Cola Company.  You can find some of his great artwork in the private collections of actors. 

Why Famous

Kadir Nelson is a famous artist.  The definition for hero is a person with courage, and earned special achievements and the definition for famous is to be known.  He got the Coretta Scott King Award and he got the NAACP image and Fadel Scott award.  Kadir Nelson is a very great artist because when I saw his artwork it looked so real.