Library

Squall Leonheart

by Vicky from Indonesia

Squall Leonheart
Squall Leonheart

I was very confused when I was thinking about my hero. I couldn’t choose anyone from everybody, because nothing has made my life change, so it was very hard for me to choose a person. I thought if someone didn’t change my life, it would be very easy to be forgotten. I saw many people wrote about scientists, powerful men or women, famous artists and actress, holy prophets, and many more realistic humans that exist in this world, but I think I have chosen one to be my precious hero. His name is Squall Leonheart.

Mr. Leonheart
Mr. Leonheart

I choose him, and I think he is really an example of a person that I admire: brave, skillful, thoughtful, cool, calm, and a very strong man. Honestly, he is only in the game, in Final Fantasy VIII, published by Squaresoft. Squall is the main character in this game. I will tell you about him.

Squall Leonheart had an injury right across his nose, sliced by Seifer Almighty, his childhood rival, because he had a duel with him. Seifer had the same injury too. He has a ring, with lion symbols, and the name of the lion was Griever. He was an orphan when he was still a child, and he lived in an orphanage, located near the seashore, and there was a lighthouse near the orphanage. This place was run by a woman named Matron. His friends didn’t really like him, because he is a quiet person, not talkative, but he looks very cool. Squall lived there until he was 17 years old, then he moved to a military academy, named Balamb Garden. The story in the game started with a scene where Squall has a duel with Seifer here.

Rinoa Heartilly
Rinoa Heartilly

He trained a lot in this garden, and succeeded after he took a field exam at a Communication Tower that was under controlled by terrorists. With his friends, Zell Dincht, and a new student from the other garden, Selphie Tilmit, Squall succeeded in his missions, with the hand of his instructor at the last. He has four special moves named Rough Divide, Fated Circle, Blasting Zone, and the greatest move is Lion Heart.

He had a great love in his life. When he was celebrating the party for his friends and him, who succeeded in their exam, he came across Rinoa Heartily, who was a very beautiful girl. After the party, he was thinking about her very deeply, and she started to love him from this accident. He used his life to protect her. He didn’t care if it was dangerous, he would protect her with his life. One time Rinoa got amnesia and, to cure her, she had to go to outer space to meet a mystic girl named Ellone. When they were in outer space, Rinoa was under control by an evil witch, and she was lost in the outer space. Squall followed her to the outer space, without any spacecraft, only used the space clothes. They have a great time to pass together. They came across the modern space shuttle, and they came back safely to the earth, with the power of love. Finally in the ship, They have said love each other, and Squall Hugged Rinoa tightly, like he never wanted to lose Rinoa ever again.

I’m very proud of Squall, I want to be like him, I want to be strong like him, have a power like him that I can use to protect someone that I love. Even if I have to sacrifice my life, I will do it. I would protect her till the end of my life.

Hey, for anyone who want to know much about Squall Leonheart and Rinoa Heartilly, you must play Final Fantasy VIII... Its a MUST!!!