Born on the Fourth of July

By Ron Kovic

Publisher: Akashic Books, June 2005
ISBN: 1888451785
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
This latest edition of Ron Kovic's moving account of his experiences during and after the Vietnam War contains a new introduction in which Ron draws parallels to the war in Iraq.
User Reviews:
Margie Fierro | 11/7/2009 8:04 AM
Dear Ron Thanks.  
Michele | 1/9/2007 3:39 AM
To our eternal hero, Ron Kovic, how proud I am to be a fan of yours and to pass along your inspiring words to my two young children. Your book was the first one I read to both of my girls during their first weeks home after they were born. What they needed to know, I told them, was how to be courageous in this world in which they were about to grow. There is no second, only you, Mr. Kovic, and your words, that I shall continuously use as a teaching tool for my girls to show them the best examples of courage, honesty, speaking their mind, and to try to give more when they feel like giving up. Thank you Ron Kovic.
Oliver Stone | 9/20/2005 1:56 AM
As relevant as ever, this book is an education. Ron is a true American, and his great heart and hard-won wisdom shine through these pages
Robert Scheer | 9/20/2005 1:55 AM
There is no book more relevant in the 21st century to healing the wound of Vietnam, which continues to bring so much pain to our country, as reflected in the last presidential election. Ron Kovic is the kid who John Wayne sent to war -- though the actor, like so many others in the macho pantheon of American culture, never saw combat. The incredible thing about Ron is that he never lost his sense of humor nor his deeply felt outrage, which has made him an incredibly effective witness, determined that other young peoples' bodies not be wasted, as was his. It remains to Kovic to remind us that history matters, and that the cost of our high follies persists.
Karl Pattison | 8/7/2005 10:04 AM
The Truth, nothing more.....

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews