George's Secret Key to the Universe

By Stephen W. Hawking, Lucy Hawking

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, October 2007
ISBN: 9781416954620
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.

Synopsis
Stephen Hawking, author of the multi-million copy bestselling A Brief History of Time, and his daughter Lucy explain the universe to readers of all ages. George’s parents, who have always been wary of technology, warn him about their new neighbors: Eric is a scientist and his daughter, Annie, seems to be following in his footsteps. But when George befriends them and Cosmos, their super-computer, he finds himself on a wildly fun adventure, while learning about physics, time, and the universe. With Cosmos’s help, he can travel to other planets and a black hole. But what would happen if the wrong people got their hands on Cosmos? George, Annie, and Eric aren’t about to find out, and what ensues is a funny adventure that clearly explains the mysteries of science. Gary Parsons’ energetic illustrations add humor and interest, and his scientific drawings add clarity; there are also eight 4-page full-color inserts of scientific photos.

User Reviews:
Jennifer Belair | 1/10/2010 3:09 AM
A great book to know stuff about how our country was changed by one amazing man
sajid ali | 3/11/2009 5:16 PM
i want to study this book but how its possible?

Check with your local library.  If the library does not have this book in its collection, you can order it online from any of the major bookstores.

-- The MY HERO Library Staff

a good book | 2/8/2009 11:39 AM
a good book

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews