The MY HERO Project | Library

Younger Than That Now: The Collected Interviews with Bob Dylan

By Bob Dylan, James Ellison (Editor)

Publisher: Da Capo Press, June 2004
ISBN: 9781560255901
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.
Synopsis
Bob Dylan, enigma and superstar, has intrigued millions of fans over the past five decades. His life, music, and influences have been explored through numerous mediums and the market for Dylan-related products continues to grow. Nonetheless, the oral records of his career—his interviews—have been unavailable until now. Gathered here are the most revealing and personal of Dylan’s interviews. As a group they show a brilliant, adored, and eclectic musician, unsettled and angered by the fame and reverence surrounding him. In one interview with Time magazine he denigrates his newfound celebrity status, belligerently attacking the interviewer, pushing him nearly to tears. In a later Rolling Stone interview Dylan announces that the archangel Gabriel has visited him, and that he is a born again Christian. Collected from small publications and zines like Positively Tie Dream, Trouser Press, and New Music Express as well as mainstream outlets as disparate as Seventeen, Playboy, Spin, and the New York Times, Dylan’s interviews illuminate his journey from ornery folksinger to acclaimed Grammy-winner. Included are interviews by Pete Seeger, Nora Ephron, Susan Edmiston, Studs Terkel, Jon Pareles, Nat Hentoff, Kurt Loder, Steve Allen, Ron Rosenbaum, Bono, Jonathon Cott, Jann Wenner, Robert Shelton, and many others.
User Reviews:
tom | 12/1/2008 11:29 PM
best person to ever walk this earth is bob dylan, i would say why but i am in study hall right now and have to go. love ya man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

alyssia diliello | 5/17/2007 10:52 PM
i seriuosly am into bob dylan and i'm doing a report on him if i could talk to someone it would be greatly apresheated

Be sure to read the story about Bob Dylan on MY HERO.  You will find related links and recommended reading at the end of the story to help you with your report.
http://myhero.com/myhero/hero.asp?hero=BobDylan
--The MY HERO Library Staff

nathan | 5/11/2006 10:40 AM
"you were born with a snake IN BOTH OF YOUR FISTS" I believe is the proper lyric. Don't misquote Bob Dylan!

Thank you for bringing this error to our attention.  The correction was made in his story.
--The MY HERO Library Staff

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews