Once Upon a Wish

By Frank Shankwitz and Rachel Sparks

Publisher: BenBella Books (March 5, 2013)
ISBN: 1937856127
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.
In the last 30 years, the Make-A-Wish Foundation® has granted nearly 300,000 wishes worldwide to children battling life-threatening illnesses, shedding light on worlds darkened by disease and bringing hope to children and their families. With a foreword by Make-A-Wish® cofounder Frank Shankwitz, Once Upon A Wish shares the wishes of eight children–their stories inspiring testimonials to the resilience and strength of the human spirit. These families generously invite us into their worlds, allowing us to become part of their darkest moments, their unimaginable realities, their greatest hopes, deepest fears, and unbelievable triumphs. Experience the story of Katelyn, a little girl becoming a medical marvel after defying all odds stacked against her and making it her life-long goal to raise $3 million for St. Jude Hospital; read about a wheelchair-bound boy, Garrett, giving the gift of mobility to disabled Cambodian men and women; and root for the family of a little boy, Dakota, who collects millions of pennies each year to help others fight the disease they once fought. Become inspired and forever-changed by the generosity, hope, courage, and optimism of these children and their families and experience the power of two words, “I wish.” Once Upon A Wish is a celebration of hope, revealing how wishes-come-true can become ultimate motivators and cherished gifts that will last a lifetime.
Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews