Abraham Lincoln

by Brett from Dublin

I think a perfect hero is brave, helps people, stands up for what is right, a leader, and someone who cares about other peoples life's or beliefs.

Abraham Lincoln was born Feb. 12, 1809 in log cabin in Hodgenville, Kentucky. As he grew up he was very much into politics. He ran for legislature for the first time and lost. Then he ran again and won. Then he enter the Whig party and ran for president. When he became president he tried to enforce antislavery laws, which started the Civil War. After that he went to Ford’s Theater on April 14, 1865, to watch a play and was assassinated. His death was mourned for a long time.

I think Abraham Lincoln has these characteristics. He was brave because white people hated him because they wanted to keep their slaves. Abraham (Abe for short) also helped people because he helped many people to escape from slavery. Abe stood up for what is right because he sided with many enslaved African Americans to get slaves out of “owners” hands. He is also a leader because he was a leader in the Civil War. My last characteristic for a hero I think is someone who respected everyone's beliefs. Abraham Lincoln is my hero.

Abraham Lincoln - White House history