Tracy McGrady

by Sean from Dublin

www.nba.com
www.nba.com

I think a hero is someone who does not get into trouble on purpose and does good things to help out. They can do things wrong, but they don’t do those things to be funny or to fit in. They let their actions speak for them instead of saying things like, “I had a great game don’t you think? I was the best out there.” They let other people say that for them. The person I think does this the best is Tracy McGrady

I think Tracy McGrady perseveres very well. When he jumped from college to pro everyone said he couldn’t, he is not good enough. Except for Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant, because they went through the same things. Nick Van Exel made a comment about Tracy by saying, “He should go to college. He isn’t that good. Even though he is the high school player of the year, he should not come to the NBA. He knows he will be a loser."

During the first game in Tracy's NBA career for the first 2 points he scored, he made a 1 handed dunk over Nick Van Exel. I think he is a great role model because he is a great player. He doesn’t brag about his accomplishments and only talks from his team's perspective and not his. He always says “My team,” instead of “I." I think he is the best basketball player out there today.

I also look up to Tracy because when he had problems he took care of them by talking and not taking drugs. When he was asked in high school to take drugs he refused and walked away. I am glad he didn’t because now kids like me, that look up to him know not to take drugs.

Tracy McGrady is a person who believed in himself and didn’t listen to people who said he couldn’t. If he had a bad game, he worked to find out what he did wrong and then worked to do better. He never said he had a perfect game. He always thought he could do better and be the best there will ever be. He tries not to keep the ball for himself and passes it to the players on his team. He also is a very talented athlete. He went from high school to the pros and has been the season's scoring leader for more than 3 years in a row. He is a very good player and is one of the best that has ever lived. His first season the total points in a game was 35. He had an average of 29.6 PPR, 8.5 RPG, 2.3 SPG and scored 1034 points in the year. I hope you enjoyed reading this and learned why Tracy McGrady is my hero and favorite athlete. I hope this will motivate you to learn about him. Thanks for reading this.

Tracy McGrady's official website - Includes bio, game schedule, and stats.