Neil Armstrong

by Jose from Ontario

To begin with, my name is Jose Romo. And I am eleven years old. And I will tell you what is a hero to me and who my hero is. A hero is a person that is brave, intelligent  and courageous. A courageous and brave person can be a firefighter or a police officer. But in my mind I think that anyone can be a hero because if you think that person did something courageous or brave that would be your hero in your story. That is the reason I picked a famous astronaut to be my hero. His name is Neil Armstrong.

To continue with, I picked Neil Armstrong for a reason.I did some research and I figured out that Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon from the USA. Some people look at him as a role model because not everyone wants to risk their lives to go to the moon. There can be many dangers out there in space. Some astronauts don't come back from their missions. But that is a big risk you have to take to be an astronaut. To be honest I wouldn't do it for all the money in the world. That is the reason you have to be brave to be a astronaut.

In my opinion, To be a astronaut you need to be smart and intelligent. If you are not intelligent you will not be able to drive a shuttle to go to space. You also need to be smart enough to find and discover new things. Astronauts have to be smart enough to find clues on objects that they might find in space. In my opinion, I think it is hard to be such a big thing in life because you can't just walk right in to NASA headquarters and say I'm ready to go on a mission. It might take years before going to space. They also don't accept any people just like that. You have to train and learn how to be in space. 

Finally, In order to be a great hero just like Neil Armstrong you need to be able to be courageous just like him, to be a hero that is willing to give up his life and career just for NASA to do more discoveries in space. It is not easy to be an astronaut because when you are on a mission probably the only things that are on your mind are, Am I ever coming back to earth? Will I ever see my family ever again? Will I ever finish this mission? If I was an astronaut with all that pressure I would feel that my head exploded into little pieces. That is why I think it is a big responsibility. It will take lots of courage to be an astronaut.  

As you can see, an astronaut is a brave, intelligent, and courageous person to be. And it is even more inspirational when you are the first person on the moon. I think Neil Armstrong is extremely important to this country for being the first to look at the moon in person. That is the reason that people are inspired to do big things in life like Neil Armstrong. That's why he is my hero. Thank you for reading my report.