Princess Diana

by Sofia Del Prado from Belo Horizonte

A hero for me needs to be brave, strong, helpful, caring, gentle, risk-taker and last but not least a hero needs to be special. This is how I think Princess Diana was. A former school teacher from Northampton, England, Diana Frances Spencer, (Princess Diana) was a big heroine for the world. She was born on the 1st of July in 1961, in Sandringham, England.

She inspired me because of the many causes she fought for, including AIDS awareness and helping the homeless. Princess Diana was very important to the world, she brought hope to families in need, whether they were sick or just needing a home to live in.

Diana´s wedding to Charles, Prince of Wales, on July 29th, 1981 was one of the most watched events on television ever! This wedding brought new life to the Royal family and to England.

Princess Diana died because of a fatal car accident on August 31st in Paris. Her sudden death saddened and shocked the whole entire world.

A hero is a special person. A hero is someone who leaves a positive impact on the world. Diana, princess of the British Throne was certainly one of these people. Future generations will learn of her wonderful legacy of kindness and generosity. She was a true humanitarian and still will be a role model for many years to come. We will always remember what Princess Diana did for the world.