Sister Pasket

by Sariah from Dublin

To me a hero is someone who has inspiring traits. A hero should have endurance to overcome any obstacles no matter how big or small. Heroes don't give up and are willing to continue. I believe a hero can have fun but be serious, too. They can come up with fun things to do and laugh but they don't go crazy. A hero is kind and loves to help others. They go out of their way to make others happy. Heroes inspire others and set a good example. A person who fits these descriptions is Sister Pasket.

This person is my religious Sunday School teacher. Sister Pasket damaged her foot and has had to wear a special boot for over a year. She endured through this and still taught, even though she used to have a walker to keep her mobile.

This hero appreciates a sense of humor and makes jokes while still keeping a calm mood in the class. Sister Pasket provides fun while still keeping the class in order. She shows us pictures and short videos to help us understand our learning. Each lesson has an activity tied into it so we enjoy our lessons.

Sister Pasket even asks the same substitute to fill in for her when she can't teach so we will know the substitute in advance and won't be confused. We will know who the substitute is and she will know us. Our lesson won't have to be on pause while we introduce ourselves. This is very considerate of her. My teacher tries to make us happy. Sister Pasket asks our opinions before she adds something to our daily routine. She balances out what each of us does so no one does something more than any one else.

Sister Pasket is a good example of a hero. All of her traits are traits that I would like to possess myself. She helps us recognize our traits and is always encouraging us to use them. Thank you for reading about my hero and what traits define one. I am glad to have someone like Sister Pasket in my life.