The people in my church's youth group

by Amanda from Bowie

These are the youth leaders Peter and Joey. (i took this picture.)

To say that I have one hero would be a lie. I actually have about 30 heroes who help me every week and can get me through anything. We have all bonded so much and now we are just like one big family. The same people come every week and we all talk about what is going on. Then, we have a talk about an issue that faces us as teenagers. Everyone is so supportive about everything. We go on trips to different places and that only adds to our closeness. You learn so much about people when you are on trips with them. Everyone is hilarious and makes everything fun. We spend most of our time together and it has created some of the best memories. Almost every weekend, I see the people from Youth Group and nothing makes me happier.

These are my friends Bryna and Liz at youth group. (I took this picture.)

The youth leaders at Youth Group are amazing. They have created an environment that teenagers can come and speak their minds about their issues. They also have made this place where everyone is so loving and really cares about what you think and how you feel and wants to help you if you need them to. They make each person there feel like their priority. They are more like our friends than adults who run a youth group. They are always willing to help with anything or offer advice.

These are more people at youth group. (I took this picture.)

I look up to everyone in Youth Group. I admire each one of them. I think that they are the strongest, most caring people I have ever met. They all have qualities that I admire. To me, being surrounded by people who truly care about you and what you think is the most comforting feeling in the world. There is nothing that I would rather do than with the people from Youth Group.