Dr. Sally Plowden

by Sam from South Carolina

The book that Dr. Plowden wrote
The book that Dr. Plowden wrote

One of my heroes is my aunt Dr. Plowden. She teaches tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade English, Southern and American Literature. She grew up in South Carolina. She also went to Lexington High School. She is a loving and caring teacher. She loves to see her family and students succeed. She also loves to see her family and students happy and is willing to help out anyone in anyway possible.

Dr. Plowden has helped me out a lot in the past. She recently helped me a lot with a grammar exam. She studied and helped me every Sunday for a couple of weeks. She was very excited to hear that I passed the exam.

Dr. Plowden earned her doctorate in American Literature at The University of South Carolina. She also taught English as a second language at the University of Miami. In her senior year of high school, she won the Junior Miss Congeniality award.

Dr. Plowden grew up in Lexington South Carolina with my mom. She attended Lexington Elementary, Middle, and High School. She accomplished many things in high school. She was invited to attend Girls State. She was also invited to attend Inaugural Governor's School in Charleston, South Carolina. When she was at Columbia College, she was elected Senior President and won "Most Womanly."

Dr. Plowden, or my aunt, is important to me because she always has a bright smile and cares how I am doing. She is always willing to help me if I need it with my school work. It is also a lot of fun going to the beach with her family. We always have fun and laugh a lot. She has made a difference in my life by giving me self-confidence. She believes in me and helps me succeed with my schoolwork.