Ronald W. Reagan

by Jacob from Colorado

"Peace by Strength"
<a href=http://history1900s.about.com/library/photos/blyreagan46.htm>Nancy & Ronald Reagan in the Blue Room </a>
Nancy & Ronald Reagan in the Blue Room

Ronald Reagan should be an inspiration to everyone. He had the courage to keep the US going in a time of distress. He gave the US the ability to stand up for itself. He knew work was part of life so he worked for he wanted.

Mr. Reagan was born February 6, 1911 in Tampico, Illinois and died in 2004. He was president of the United States of America in the 1980s and the Governor of California. Ronald Reagan was also a great actor, being in over 50 films. That is a lot of films to be in. He also went to Eureka College where he studied sociology, economics and even played football there. Imagine that, a president that played football.

<a href=http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O142-ReaganRonaldWilson.html>Ronald Reagan</a>
Ronald Reagan

Something President Reagan was known for was leading the country in the Cold War against the Soviet Union. Building up America's strength with missiles Reagan eventually broke down the Soviet Union with these words "Peace by Strength." He saved the United States from a nuclear war. Without him we might not be here today. Also, Ronald Reagan was a brave and courageous leader that without him the world would have plunged into darkness.

I think Ronald Reagan would be in the peacekeeper category. He fought a war, but he did without firing a shot. He may have built missiles, but he built them out of a necessity of defense not offense. Next to that he won a war peacefully with economics by building up a huge military as did the Soviet Union. He also was nicknamed the great negotiator because he NEGOTIATED peacefully with Soviet leaders in order to avoid nuclear war.

Thanks to the courageous leader Ronald Reagan, we have a semi-peaceful world. He should be an inspiration to everyone because he was a kind and compassionate person. That is why Ronald Reagan is my hero.

Brainy Quotes - Quote by Ronald Reagan
Wikipedia the Free Encyclopedia - Information of the life and times of Reagan
The White House - White House website
Ronald Reagan Website - A site about Ronald Reagan