Ruby Bridges

by Damira from Marietta

Who is Ruby Bridges? What do you think she did to become a hero? How did she accomplish her goals? Well, Ruby Bridges is a little girl who was 6 years old and she helped all races come together in one and helped others too. In 1960 she was informed by marshals and NAACP when she was so young and that to me would be so scary to have them all standing there by your side that way nobody won't jump, tackle, or hurt you. In 1995 she invented a book called Through the Eyes and another book too. {www.Ruby Bridges.com}

Later, on in 1999, Bridges formed the Ruby Bridges Foundation in headquartered in New Orleans. Also, the Foundation she has promotes values. She became a hero by standing up for African Americas and for their rights too. I think Ruby Bridges was a good hero because in some parts of the world there is racism going on and they're not letting them have their freedom.

But, Ruby Bridges' actions let the blacks and whites go to the same school, playgrounds, restaurants, and stores. Also, she was a brave and courageous young girl to stand up like that. The school she first went to was William Frantz School then she had to go to a Court's Brown v. Board of Education. However, in the world today it's different than the old days because, a lot of people are very impatient and disrespectful to others. Also, her father did not encourage her take the test and that if she passed and was allowed to go to the white school, there would be trouble. Her mother, Lucille, however, she believed that Ruby would get a better education at a white school. She was eventually able to convince Ruby's father to let her take the test

I could not even do that like for an example: If I was a little girl who was going to an all-white school {not trying to judge} I would have been frightened because, people with signs saying I will Kill you and other stuff. So, that's why I picked my hero Ruby Bridges because she's a noble person who I would like to be someday.

I'm glad Ruby Bridges is my hero because, she taught us so much about history and things that used to go around back in the 80s and 90s.