Roany

by Madison from Laguna Beach

This is me on Roany (Photograph by friend's mom)

My hero is Roany. He is an great animal (horse). Roany is my hero because he has done some amazing things such as saving a dog named Red's life. He was modest and acted as if he did the same thing every day.

He did this on January 30th, 2009 at about 4:30 p.m. This day was a bright sunny day. I was riding him when he did this great act of kindness. Roany was cantering while he stopped. I jerked forward wondering why he stopped. "Wow!," I exclaimed as I did an emergency jump off quickly. Then, I pulled him to the middle of the corral to calm him.

Roany did these things at Rawhide Ranch in Bonsall, California. It was in O.K. corral (a place in Rawhide Ranch). I told the teacher, Katie, and she said that Roany deserved a treat. This included an extra bale of hay.

I chose Roany as my hero for many reasons. One of them was because he went out of his way to help a friend in need (Red the dog) just to be nice. Also, I think Roany had an incredible personality that never could make anyone sad. That is why Roany is my hero.