Rosa Parks

by Chase from Lincoln

Rosa Parks by chase (I made it in art class)

Rosa was born in Tuskegee Alabama on February 4, 1913. Rosa fell in love with a man named Raymond Parks at the age of 19.

Rosa felt proud because she joined the NAACP. The NAACP stands for National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. She set up meetings for the youth groups and taught them about the Freedom Train. Rosa helped people fight segregation.

A bus driver named James Blake had to stop on the brakes because a black man was crossing the street. He beat the man to death with a ticket puncher and never got in trouble. One day the bus driver told her to give up her seat to a white man. She refused; she was arrested. After that she started a boycott. A boycott is when a group of people don’t do something. The buses went out of business because no one was really riding them.

Rosa inspires me by not giving up her seat and choosing to go to jail. To me Rosa Parks is brave. This is why Rosa Parks is my hero.