Shane Claiborne

by Josh from Campbell River, BC

-The most radical thing we do is choose to love each other... again and again.

Shane Claiborne is a 28 year old man who loves to help others and follow God. He grew up in a small town and was raised as a Christian. He went through school and graduated from the Eastern University, where he studied sociology and youth ministry. During the last several years he has traveled to many poor places on the planet, and helped the people feel wanted by others and also by God. Shane goes out of his way to help others and make them feel accepted and loved. His actions have motivated me to become a nicer person to everyone.

Shane is all about God and his community; he started a community group called The Simple Way. The Simple Way helps a poor area in Philadelphia. Shane has traveled to many places in the earth, such as Baghdad and Rutba in Iraq, and to Calcutta, India. In these places Shane has been on peace trips and worked with Mother Theresa.

When Shane was in Calcutta on an intern with Mother Theresa, he learned what she did and he helped her for the 10 weeks he was there. His heart has always been big for the poor and homeless. In Philly, Shane started a community group called The Simple Way, and they help feed and lead the less wealthy people in the city. He has had worship consorts in the park and made many of the most unlikely people feel loved and accepted.

I look at Shane as a role model to make the choices that help people to feel good about themselves. His words have helped me to avoid making decisions that hurt others. For others, Shane has lead many people to God by helping and loving them unconditionally. He has taken people in who desperately needed help, given them food and was their friend.

In conclusion Shane is a man who goes out of his way to help others and love them unconditionally. By helping the less fortunate he shows people the church he dreams of. A church that is loving, caring and accepting to everyone, no matter what they have done in the past or are still doing. Shane is a very caring and loving man who believes in living for others. He has changed my life and is a huge role model for me.