Sara Ackerman

by Josefina from Monroe

Soy Latina de corazon!

Mrs. Sara Ackerman is a high school and middle school teacher. She tests Hispanic students at three elementary schools, too. Mrs. Ackerman lives and teaches in southwestern Wisconsin.

She has taught me English, and has taught other students English, too. She makes me be a better student. This week I was recognized as the student of the month thanks to her.

She is important to me because her help has changed me in many ways. Her encouragement has helped me a lot, because when I did not want to present in a class she always told me that everything was going to be okay. That helps me a lot. She encourages me to do things that I would not do, like stand in front of a class and speak to the students. The difference that she makes in my life is that now I can go out to the world and speak without feeling afraid of people not understanding me.