Steve Richard Aubin

by Natalia from Medellin

By Natalia Mesa

My Hero
Steve Richard Aubin: Bringing creativity to kids' lives.
Art and Drama teacher in the Columbus school,
Medellín, Colombia

Steve fills kids' lives with creativity while he is teaching art or drama. ”I love the creativity and a lot of times I feel like if I were the kid,” he said. Steve teaches in the Columbus school from 2nd Grade to 5th grade. He studied in the Queens University and in the University of Toronto. You might be asking yourself but how did he get his job? He says that he always wanted to be a teacher for Kindergarten so when he came to Colombia he came to this school and when he came to this school they offered him his job at once. He says “It just happened”. He has been working at the Columbus school for nine and a half years.

Steve’s best days are when his students understand each other and come up with such great ideas. Steve’s worst days are when the students are lazy and he says that the days are very intense because everything happens at the same time.

Steve says that his dad could be his hero but his best friend is. Steve Richard Aubin is a great companion and fills your life with creativity!