Sylvia Earle

by Gaby from Xalapa

Sylvia Earle was born in Gibbstown American in 1975, is considered one of the greatest living legends in underwater exploration, all know her as "the lady of the deep" a nickname earned. That is the more meters forgive sea has fallen with design team itself (costumes) on the surface unaided.

Also was one of the first people to use compressed air bottles other gases in underwater exploration. Her attraction to the deep ocean is so big she has founded a company that makes small submarines to descend to the depths and explore life

"I fell in love with the sea during the periods spent as a child with my family on the coast of New Jersey, when I was 12 we moved to Florida almost to the water's edge, impressed me life forms that lived in, were, are and will be fascinating "

Under the waters of the Pacific Ocean 210 miles southwest of Guam is the Mariana Trench a gap of 1.800 meters deeper than the height of Mount Everest, in an interview with Sylvia confirms that it was one of her first adventures.

She founded the Sustainable Maritime project which is in a series of explorations of marine sanctuaries known as "explorer of residence".