Sheryl Jordan

by Lindsay

My horseback riding instructor, Sheryl.
My horseback riding instructor, Sheryl.

My hero is my horseback- riding instructor, Sheryl Jordan, who has taught me so much about horses. I have known her for four years now. She lives in the Ford Plantation, a couple blocks away from me and a couple blocks away from the barn. Sheryl has been horseback- riding since, well as long as she has lived! She is fifty-two years old and lived in Maryland before she moved to Georgia. She has become family to me.

Sheryl is a hero to me because she convinced my parents to buy me a pony that I have fallen in love with. His name is Silver Willow, but we just call him Will. Another reason is because she has taught me lot of the things I know about horses and riding. Without her, I wouldn't be able to do a lot of things I do today! I have many reasons for why she is my hero, but I will tell you one more. Whenever something goes wrong (if a horse gets sick, if someone falls off, if someone or something is hurt), she knows exactly what to do and that is really important to me. These are some of the many reasons Sheryl is a hero to me.

Some of the similarities between Sheryl and ancient Greek heroes or gods/goddesses are she is very clever and smart like the ancient Greek hero Odysseus. She is also very beautiful like the goddess Aphrodite. She is different from ancient Greek heroes because she is not a hero because of how many monsters she slayed or how many princesses she saved, but she is one in her own, unique way. She may not be a hero to the ancient Greeks, but she is to me!