Shebra Lee

by Jenivy from Odessa

My hero is my dance teacher. Her name is Mrs. Lee, and she teaches dance at Ector Junior High in Odessa. She is my hero because a hero to me is someone who is always there or around and who sets good examples for others. Mrs. Lee is always here at school and she always does what’s right. I’m Jenivy I go to Ector. I love to dance and I am writing this story because I would like to tell you how much my hero means to me.

I’m going to tell you a little about Mrs. Lee, she likes to dance. She seems like a very joyful person. I personally like to be around her, she’s a very out going person. I look up to Mrs. Lee because dancing is my favorite thing to do and I plan on doing something in the future with dancing. Mrs. Lee doesn’t ever let us say “we can’t do it” because she knows we can if we keep on trying. She doesn’t ever give up on what we're working on, she keeps her head up high and keeps going until we finish. That’s why I look up to her.

Mrs. Lee did not know she wanted to be a dance teacher as a child. She knew she wanted to be a dance teacher after college. She taught in a classroom before dancing. She know a lot about dancing, dancing is not as easy as it looks. I’m sure she had lots of practice in her life.

What inspired Mrs. Lee to dance? She says her family did. Will my family is the one who keeps me going. She grew up at Little Field, Texas, with her family. She said that she learned to dance from her sisters and by going to college. There is a lot to learn about dance, not just popping as other girls think. Dance is much more than that. Mrs. Lee is the one who inspired us to keep going.

That’s the reason I look up to her. She is my hero and I’m sure not just mine. She helped and helps a lot if people with dancing. I’m sure in the future other little girls like me will look up to her. All I want to say now is “Thank you for all you do.”