Stan Lee

by Abdul from Antioch

For my hero I will be talking about Stan Lee. He was a comic book writer for many popular Marvel heroes such as Captain America, Spiderman and many more.

Stan Lee was born on December 28, 1922 in New York City. At a young age he was very interested in the writing industry. He read heroic books and movies with Errol Flynn. When he was at high school he wanted to write a great American novel. He graduated high school early at the age of 16. Then he started from his newspaper career.

Beginning his career he started as an assistant in Timely Comics with the help from his uncle. In his Twenties he went to the army as repairing telegraphs. His military classification, he says, was "playwright"(wikipedia). In the mid 1950s , he went to Atlas Comics and he wrote a variety of comics.

He was called upon from his boss to make a series for Marvel Comics (Timleys new name) that to compete with DC. So from there he created the Fantastic Four, Thor and so on. After that, it became a success and the Marvel company popularity skyrocketed. So then Lee was promoted Editorial Director for Marvel.

At the 21st century he made many movies and so at the age of 90 he stopped making comics and became a legend for Marvel and a well known person and a hero for the Marvel Company.