Shin-Ling Shen

by Debbie from Taichung

Shin-Ling Shen
The Young Lady who devotes herself to charity

Shen Shin Ling has a strong personality.
She was helping her mother at the stand when she was little.

Her mother digged out her talent of using computer.
In order to let her learn the skills, her parents borrowed money everywhere to buy a used computer.
And then she founded a website to aid the farmers whose pomelos were unusable when she was only eleven.

At the age of fourteen, she founded a free cram school to let the disadvantaged children learn after school in Yunlin.
She also created a website called "Ann Free Teaching Website" to help children study online for free.

But she is well-known for the "The Faces Of Taiwanese Grassroots Characters" blog which has lots of photos to record Taiwanese grassroots characters, hoping Taiwanese not to forget the history of Taiwan.

Now she goes to many places and makes a lot of speeches to people to let then know there are other people who do need their help. As a result, many Taiwanese are influenced by her words, and they start to help the advantaged with Shen Shin Ling.

She says "I will still record the way that the grassroots characters have passed through."

We can realize her strong personality by her behavior, and she will be our Hero ever after.