Soldiers

by Ernie from Van Nuys

My heroes are the soldiers.

My heroes are the soldiers in the army fighting for our country as we talk about it right now. They have done lots and lots for our country and other countries also. They fight against other countries and people to protect and keep our own safe. They do everything they can to keep others safe, like civilians in other countries where they are fighting, and our own that are out there also.

The soldiers out there are fighting for us right now. They travel all the way around the world to get to the war. When they are there they know their lives are on the line, but don’t worry about it much because they know they are doing it for a good reason. They go through some of the harshest weathers, terrains, and time. It’s very uncomfortable for them and they don’t have much food or water to keep their bodies going on. They die to keep us safe so when they do die they don’t worry as much about themselves, but about how they did and know that they tried. Thousands and thousands of soldiers die in a month. Hundreds of thousands die in a year. All or most die for the same reason, to keep us safe.

These soldiers don’t just want to keep our people safe. They also try and help people in other countries also. Whether there is an earthquake, a flood, or even if they are just civilians inside the warzone. Whoever they are, if they aren’t doing anything bad and they are just people who are in trouble they’ll do anything to try and lend a hand. When other countries are attacked or given threats. They sometimes send soldiers out there to help the country in need of training or extra people. While over in other countries we try and rescue lots of other vulnerable people like survivors or people being held hostage or prisoner.

These soldiers also keep our country from falling into the enemy’s hands. They don’t let anything harm our country in any way at all. They keep lots of things going on in our country under control. When Hawaii was bombed, they didn’t like what the Japanese did so they did the same thing back but harder. The military has done lots for us like putting their lives at risk for ours. If it weren’t for them, we probably might not have been here.

The military has done so much for us for a really long time. They were there for us in WWII and many more. They are even at war for us right now as I type this. So this is something to think about: would you do what they are doing right now? Would you risk the things that they are risking every day? If they weren’t here then we probably wouldn’t be here either.