Stephen E. King

by Tyler from Callisburg

(google.com)
(google.com)

Stephen King is a very famous writer who I have chosen as my hero. Stephen King was born on September 21,1947 in Portland, Maine. The Kings were a typical family until Donald King, Stephen's father, said he was stepping out for cigarettes and was never heard from again. At this point, Ruth, Stephen's mother, took full-responsibility for the family.

On Jan.2, 1971 Tabitha Spruce and Stephen King were married. King began his writing career when Stephen and his brother decided to publish a newspaper named Dave’s Rag. Some of his earlier stories are “Hotel at The End of The Road,” “I’ve Got to Get Out of Here,” and “The Stranger,” and he made his first small sale, which was a book called, ”The Glass Floor”.

I picked him because I like books that keep you on the edge of your seat. King worked on a book about a teenage girl named Carrie, but decided it was not a worthy story and threw it away. His wife found it and encouraged him to finish it. On May 12, he sold that same story as a book called Carrie to a library for $4,000.

For charity, King gives money to cancer societies.

Stephen E.King has written numerous short stories, has had many novels published, and has had movies created from his work.

Stephen King’s books and movies have been translated into 33 different languages and published in over 35 different countries. That is why Stephen King is my hero.