Superman

by Kim from Philadelphia

I think Superman is a hero because he chose the path of putting others before him. Even though his family, planet and entire race were destroyed, he continued to fight for justice and peace. Superman doesn't give up when things get tough, and he keeps fighting when the odds are against him in every way. His main rival, Lex Luthor, had killed him several times in his life but each time he does, Superman comes back to fight stronger. He chooses to fight back every time to save humanity and the planet, so the event that happened on Krypton doesn't happen to Earth. Superman is important to me because he was my childhood hero and is still now, one of my favorite superheroes of all time. Even though Superman is fake, he teaches everybody who watches him to the the right thing, even when things are complicated.