Angels

Tyra Banks

by Laura from Alaska

<a href=http://www.starpulse.com/Supermodels/Banks,_Tyra/gallery/SGS-004678/>Tyra Banks on the red carpet </a>
Tyra Banks on the red carpet

My hero is Tyra Banks. Even though Tyra Banks is best known for being a model, she is a woman who is a dedicated to change. She founded the TZONE Foundation. This foundation was made for girls with disadvantages all across America, to help them get to know their true selves.

Tyra Banks was born on December 4, 1979. She grew up in Los Angeles, California. Banks started modeling in the early 1990s. She is best known by the reality show America Next Top Model and she has been looking fine ever since. She is an Inspiration to young ladies all across America!

Before she founded the TZONE she wrote a book called Tyra’s Beauty Inside and Out. The TZONE is a one-week program for disadvantaged girls to get together and have fun. This helps the girls build self-esteem and enhance independence. In addition, Banks gives a Tyra Banks Scholarship to Tyra Banks private, girls’ only school in Los Angeles: The Immaculate Heart High School.

Now Banks is focusing on her talk show, The Tyra Banks Show, where she talks about people's problems. Since people think that they have it harder than other people, Tyra Banks has different people live like the other one for a day. This shows them we are all the same.

<a href=http://www.starpulse.com/Supermodels/Banks,_Tyra/gallery/SGG-021936/>Tyra Banks Looking Fabulous!! </a>
Tyra Banks Looking Fabulous!!

Banks is my hero because she has founded a camp for disadvantaged girls. She also made a book about beauty which is true to your self. She helps girls find their future. The TZONE must have been such a big help to those girls getting to go to a camp with Tyra Banks. She is a great model, which is one of the things I want to do when I grow up. Tyra Banks is an incredible person. And I think if there were more Tyra Banks in the world it would be a very nice place to live!

TZONE - Tyra Banks Foundation