Thomas Carroll

by Timothy from Loveland

I chose my father, Thomas Carroll, as my hero. Thomas has courage, endurance, and valor enough for three men and that was just what he needed for the ordeal that befell him.

Showing courage when he had tongue cancer was one of Thomas's challenges. We found out that he had tongue cancer about two years ago. I was getting ready for bed when Mama and Papa came into my room and told me and my brothers and sisters to chose my father, Thomas Carroll, as my hero. Thomas has courage, endurance, and valor enough for three men and that was just what he needed for the ordeal that befell him.

I felt so sad and frustrated at the world. The lovely person of Thomas Carroll almost died as a result of some of the surgeries. God let him live by healing him in the mind and body. He came home to his family as fast as he could.

Looking death in the face Thomas showed valor. Tom was not sure that he would live. Sarah Carroll, his wife and my mother stayed at his side all the time. God told Thomas during and before the surgery that he would live. Thomas has had to stop eating with his mouth so the doctors had to put a tube through his belly and into his stomach. His voice sounds very different but we still love him.

Thomas is alive today and getting better. I most of all hope that he will get better as fast as God will let him. I'm thankful for every day that he has lived since I found out he had cancer and his surgeries. I believe that someday he will be healed fully. Thomas has courage, endurance, and valor enough for three men and that was just what he needed for the trial that he endured.