Thomas Alva Edison

by Youngjun from Nanjing

Thomas Alva Edison

Thomas Alva Edison was born at Milan, Ohio, in February 11, 1849 and died at West Orange, New Jersey at his home in October 18, 1931. He was the son of Samuel Ogder Edison and Nancy Elliot Edison. He had married a woman called Mary Still Well at Newark but she died in 1884, on February 1886, Thomas Alva Edison married a woman called Mina Miller. They lived in West Orange, New Jersey until they died. His childʼs name was Marion Estelle, her nickname was Dot. Another childʼs name was Thomas Alva Edison Jr. His nickname was Dash.

Thomas Alva Edison's accomplishment was that he had invented some inventions like the Phonograph and the Light Bulb and he was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production to the process of inventions.

Thomas Alva Edison was always too much involved in his thoughts. He also thought other things that were extraordinary. Once his teacher called him ‘addled’ which made Thomas Alva Edison leave official schooling. His friends called him Al, his family also called him little Al. So, he decided to have his nickname ‘Little Al’.

The major events in his life is the time he invented the light bulb, the time he invented the phonograph, the time he had married, the time he had his own children.

I can be more like him by studying harder, think harder when I’m solving a question, sharing my knowledge with others and being balanced to what I’m doing.

Thomas Alva Edison is my hero. He invented the phonograph and the light bulb that nobody has invented. He also made other people’s lives easier and he was one of the world’s greatest inventors. A famous sentence he said is “Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

Thomas Edison- A Brilliant Inventor By the Editors of Time for Kids with Lisa Demauro.

http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/thomas-edison-2618.html