Thomas Alva Edison

by Mason from Williamsville

"Chase your dreams" as Thomas Edison said. Never give up and keep trying. Edison sure did this. He tried thousands of times to get his invention right. Edison made an invention that made our lives so much easier and safer. This was one of the greatest things that ever happened in this time period.

Edison was very curious about everything. He was so curious that he actually sat on a pile of goose eggs and said "if geese can make a baby this way, I can." With a loan from his friend Bradley he built a lumberyard and a shingle mill in Ohio to start off his career as a kid. The business became very successful. He was the seventh and last child. His head was so big as a baby the doctor thought he had "Brain Fever." He survived the "Brain Fever" and became a smart and active kid. Edison was a very hard working student. The cellar in the new house in Port Huron was where he conducted his first experiments. Edison was never very healthy as a child, at the age of seven he was diagnosed with scarlet fever. His hearing also started to deteriorate over the years. Eight years old he started school. Ended formal education at the age of ten. Also at the age of ten he got permission to build his own laboratory. That is some of Thomas Edison's background.

Edison had one of the best inventions of all time. He discovered the lightbulb. He also made other successful experiments. He definitely made lives easier and also discovered one of the most important things on the world. He made a way to get light from something else but the sun. He gave people light whenever they needed it and made it easier for people to do things. He gave people the opportunity to do something when it was dark outside and also people drive more safely. That was some of Edison's amazing accomplishment.

Edison also had many obstacles. He moved many times and had to keep rebuilding his lab and also suffered diseases and got very sick. He had "Brain Fever" when he was young and also got grounded from his lab for a long time because he spilled one of his experiments. That was some of Thomas's challenges and obstacles that he had to face throughout his life.

Thomas is amazing. He has made an invention that has been around for the longest time and was a scientist at a very young age. He made many other experiments beside the lightbulb and they where also amazing. Light bulbs made people's lives much safer and easier. As you can see Edison did a lot of amazing things for the the economy.

Edison has a lot of qualities. One of the big ones is he never gave up! Edison tried more than a thousand times to make the lightbulb right. He always kept trying. He made things much easier and safer for people! Lights are on cars now so people can see things at night! They are on almost every electronic device and they make people able to do things at night without being in the dark.

As you can see, Thomas Edison really did a lot. He made one of the greatest inventions and is still the same today. He struggled through many obstacles and challenges through his life and made it through well. Many people underestimated him and didn't believe in what he can do. Edison really showed them all well. Edison really changed a lot.