Thomas Alva Edison

by Johnny from New York

Inventions Of Thomas Edison changed ways of lives because if light bulbs hadn't been improved, there will be oil lamps  which use more fossil fuels and more oils. With the help of Thomas Edison, light has been successful. Within a switch, there will be light all around you. Oil lamps do not spread as far.Thomas Edison changed our lives. We will be using bulbs instead of lamps that use oil and need refills. Thomas Edison made the light successful from Albert Einstein who made fire bulbs. Thomas Alva Edison; American Inventor, Businessman.

Thomas Edison did not just improve bulbs, but he created many different things that changed way of life. For example, he created automatic telegraph repeater. To add, that was also his first invention. He also created the phonograph that was made in 1877. The next time you ever hear your favorite album, you can thank Thomas Edison for finding the secret to recording sounds. He got inspired by phonographs because when he was improving the telegraph transmitter, he heard the paper tape produce a high pitched voice. The first word ever recorded was "Mary had a little lamb".

Thomas Edison was born on February 11,1847 and he died of diabetes and he was around age 84. To add, it was on October 18, 1931. He was born on Milan, Ohio and died on the West Orange, New Jersey. Thomas Alva Edison was self educated at Cooper Union from 1875-1879. His nationality is American and his relatives was Lewis Miler his father in law. Thomas Edison Quotes; "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.

In 1869, Edison moved to New York City and make his first invention, an improved stock ticker, the Universal Stock Printer, which synchronized several stock tickers' transactions. The Gold and Stock Telegraph Company was so impressed by Edison that they paid him $40,000 dallors for the rights. Edison was only 22 years old then. With this success, he quit his work as a telegrapher to devote himself full-time to free inventing.

There are many different kinds of inventors. But our hero is Thomas Alva Edison. His inventions were very useful and many are still used today. In his life he had to overcome many challenges but he had never failed himself or give up. Thomas Alva Edison have claim himself.