Terry Fox

by Carson from Calgary

"Somewhere the pain must stop"
Terry Fox Web (I made it with Inspiration (I did))

Terry Fox was a Canadian humanitarian athlete and cancer research activist.His leg being amputated, he embarked on a cross Canada run to raise money for cancer research. Although the spread of his cancer eventually forced him to end his quest after a couple days his efforts resulted in a lasting worldwide legacy of a lot of countries and is now the world's largest one-day fundraiser for cancer research he raised over a couple hundred million dollar that was raised in his name.

Terry Fox Web (I drew it (I did))
Terry Fox Web (I drew it (I did))

The annual Terry Fox Run, has grown to involve millions of participants in over a bunch of countries and is now the world's largest Group of people run on Terry Fox Day on September 27 every year. His right leg was amputated because of cancer so they had to give him an artificial leg so he decided to do a "Marathon of Hope". So he began his run and woke up ate breakfast and all that stuff and began to run! Now that's what I call a hero that you can rely on. Imagine having to run a marathon every day with an amputated leg. Well somehow Terry Fox did it.

Terry Fox Running Up a Hill (I drew it (I did))

Terry was born in Winnipeg on July 28th. His middle name is actually Stanley, he had 2 brothers and 1 sister.

In 1980 he began the Marathon of Hope, to raise money for cancer research. Terry hoped to raised 24 million. He began ran the equivalent of a full marathon every day.

Imagine the pain and stress he had to go through and he did it not for him but for us and for that we are very grateful and we would not be this far in medicine if it wasn't for him. Many people live because of his bravery,strength and inspiration.

Terry Fox wiki - Where i got my infomation