Terry Fox

by Leigh

"ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IF YOU BELIEVE"

Terry Fox is a hero to many. Terry was courageous. He spent many years not giving up. He got over obstacles and stood up for others. Terry Fox was famous for all the running he did.

Terry was born July 28, 1958. The hospital he was born in was in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Terry's school was in British Columbia. He played lots of sports: baseball, hockey, rugby, and lacrosse. But most of all, he played basketball. After Terry finished school, he only did some university.

Dick Traum influenced Terry to have hope, and to run across Canada. Dick changed Terry's life by encouraging him to run for cancer. But people said things like, "He won't make it". But Terry ignored them. He told himself "I can do it. I am courageous".

Terry Fox raised lots of money. He raised about 24 million $. Terry also fought cancer very bravely. But most of all, he cared. He cared about people who suffered from cancer. So Terry Fox accomplished many things.

Terry was courageous. He showed that by running across Canada with an artificial leg. He was also caring. He showed that by caring about people with cancer. So he did many things.

Terry Fox was a hero because he ran for cancer research. In his wake, people are doing the Terry Fox run. So every Sept. 26, you should do the Terry Fox Run. Sadly, Terry died in 1981. He was surrounded by family and friends.