Terry Fox

by Kashifa from Bradford

Terry Fox
Terry Fox

TERRY FOX By: Kashifa S.

There was a man who ran across Canada, his name was Terry Fox. He was very young. Terry Fox was born at 1958 July 28. Terry Fox lost his leg when he was 18. When he was going home, he saw some kids that had cancer and were 9. Terry Fox got sad so he decided that he will run across Canada to raise money for cancer. At first all the people thought he was crazy, then it made sense to them. Every day Terry Fox woke up at 4:00 pm to run, no matter with people said. He ran from 4:00 to night. While Terry Fox was running, he met a lot of people who wanted to raise money for cancer. One time his mom tried to stop him because she was worried about him getting more cancer, but Terry Fox still ran. He was brave, strong and kind.

While Terry Fox was running, he had his birthday. He was so happy because he got to get together with his family, relatives, and friends. He ran thru pain, and had hope, and also tried his best. When he was almost done, he got the Order of Canada. He was really happy. When he was 2 thirds away, he was forced to stop because he had lung cancer. When Terry Fox died he had a really big funeral, and he was only 23. That's the story of the man who ran across Canada.

Terry Fox inspires me because mostly people run to get famous, not to raise money for cancer. As I said, he was brave, strong and kind. That is why Terry Fox is my hero.There was a quote that said "Somehow the hurting must stop".