Tim Howard

by Dalton from Windsor

Along time ago a grandmother was teaching her grandson, Tim Howard, about Jesus. He turned out to be America's Major League Soccer Team goalie. Tim was born in New Jersey on March 6, 1979 with Tourette's syndrome. The effects of Tourette's syndrome are verbal outburst and spasms. Tourette's syndrome stopped him from doing a lot of things but not pursuing his dream. Tim knew God had a great plan for him, so he persevered and he accomplished his dream by being the United States goalkeeper.

His perseverance and hard work has inspired me to be a better goalie. Tim has showed the world that nothing is impossible with God on your side. Speaking about God, his favorite verse out of the Bible, is Psalm 118:24. "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it" Since he has followed God's guidance, his walk with God is close and intimate. Tim Howard has been through a lot, but he still has overcome and that is why he is my hero.