Tina Maze

by Jaka from Naklo

My hero is Tina Maze. She was born in May 1983 in Slovenj Gradec. Tina Maze is now famous as the best Slovenian world cup alpine ski racer and she is a sportswoman. She has won 22 cup victories and right now she is the world champion in super G.

When Tina was 1 year old, they moved with her family to Slovenj Gradec. She attended kindergarten at Os  Crna na Koroskem. She started skiing when she was 3 years old. Besides skiing she was playing the piano and training volleyball.

After primary school, she enrolled to secondary school and was accepted to representative team B. Then she performed in FIS competition for the first time and finished in 1st and 2nd place.

In year 2008 she created her team: Team to aMAZE. She created it with Andrea Massi and she left the Slovenian national team and she started a new way.

In her career she has won 22-times in world trophy competitions. Now she is the best alpine skier in Slovenia. Tina Maze likes to go climbing too, she has already climbed Mount Olympus.

24ur.com - Tina wishing you a merry Christmas
Tina Maze's official site - Tina Maze's official site
My Way is My Decision - Tina's hit 'My Way is My Decision'