Tina Maze

by Neza from Ljubljana

1. A)  A hero is someone who is brave, strong, stubborn, persistent, patient, confident, hardworking
B) A hero for me is someone who is stubborn, confident and hardworking.
C) My definition is quite similar to this one, but it isn't the same. I think you could be hero if you are stubborn because it all is in our heads and we have to be who we are, if we want improve in life.

2. My great grandmother is the same as what I wrote up in paragraph B. Last month she was 100 years old and she is my hero, because she is hardworking and confident and she believes in herself.

3.I have 2 heroes - Tina Maze (my idol) and of course my great grandmother!

Tina Maze (my hero) and my friends (I took a photo by myself in Ljubljana (I created this picture))

My hero is Tina Maze. She was born on 2nd May in 1983 in Slovenj Gradec and now she lives in Gorica. She is the best Slovenian skier ever. When she was 3 years old, she learned how to ski. In Primary school she also trained in volleyball and played piano. When she was 15 years old she was accepted in woman B ski team. She is my hero, because she is very confident, stubborn, positive and persistent person. I praise her because she accomplished for many things for Slovenia and also for all ski history. She won 26 World Cup races in her career, which makes her the best alpine skier in history of Slovenia. Together she won 13 medals on World Championships and Olympic games. She is 'world record' holder - 2414 points in one World Cup season (male and female). In her breaking season 2012-2013 she also recorded a song - My way is my decision. Tina is important to me, because when I started to watch her on TV, when she was skiing, she brought a lot of good things in my life. She taught me that in life you must persist and be stubborn if you want to reach something. And, what is most important, Tina brings in my life happiness and I am thankful that I had opportunity that I met her and took a photo with her.

Tina Maze - Olympic Alpine Skiing (www.olympic.org)