Theodore Roosevelt

by James from San Diego

"I did not usurp power," Roosevelt said, "but I did greatly broaden the use of executive power."

Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States. He was both inspirational, well respected, and was a very good President. He would be considered as a hero because he helped establish peace and took major steps to protect the environment.

Picture of Teddy as one of the Rough Riders

Theodore Roosevelt would be considered a hero because he established peace. “US President Theodore Roosevelt brought both Russia and Japan to settle the Treaty of Portsmouth, which ended the Russo-Japanese War”. It's pretty bold, courageous, and inspiring on how he established peace among 2 countries at war. It helps us to think that peace can stop the bloodshed of war, and keeps us from tearing each other apart.

Teddy as one of the Rough Riders (http://www.ehistorybuff.com/pres/trroughriderssk08.jpg)

During his presidency, Theodore Roosevelt worked to also preserve the natural surroundings. A hero that not only cares about peace but took part in helping the environment. During his years as President “he would set aside 125 million acres as a forest of natural reserves, even now these reserves became many of our famous natural surroundings like the Yellowstone National Park”. Even before he was President, he would care for the natural environment around him. It's inspiring because we the people can also take part in helping the environment. All it takes is just us making those decisions come real.

The 26th President of the United States would be considered a hero because of him establishing peace and taking part in helping the environment.

N.P.S - history on the national park system
Theodore Roosevelt National Park - An example of one of the preserved national parks

Gable, John. ""Theodore Roosevelt"." n. pag. Web. 28 Jan 2010. .

Mertz, Leslie A. "Theodore Roosevelt." Science and Its Times. Ed. Neil Schlager and Josh Lauer. Vol. 6: 1900 to 1949. Detroit: Gale, 2000. 73-75. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 25 Jan. 2010 .

Roosevelt, Theodore (1858-1919)." DISCovering Biography. Online ed. Detroit: Gale, 2003. Student Resource Center - Gold. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 28 Jan. 2010 .

Shosuke, . "Life hero: Theodore Roosevelt." myhero.com. 5/23/2009. Web. 27 Jan 2010. .