Tommy Sellers

by Austin from Lewisport, KY

My Hero is my uncle, Tommy Sellers. He has shown me a lot in life. Without him I don't know where I would be right now or what I would be doing.

(wallaadoo.com)
(wallaadoo.com)

He was the first one I saw playing guitar and that's where my interest for guitar started. Everything I plan to do with my life after high school I base off the fact that I play guitar. My plans involve being a musician and it is what I love to do. Without him I may not have ever even picked up a guitar. And if that wouldn't have happened then when I get out if high school I could be stuck with a job that I hate.

Speaking of that, he has taught me that you should take up a career that you love, not the job that pays the most or is convenient. He had taught me that if you can make enough money to keep yourself alive by doing something you love, then do that because it is better than doing a job you hate and having a lot of money. We all die, and we should live our lives to the fullest, no regrets, because if you live your life trying to make money, then you die, you won't have that money. You're dead, it's over, and now you just have to look at how happy YOU are at the end of it all.

Through everything he has said and done, from every little word to every big piece of advice and even the smallest facial expression, he has shown me how to deal with the obstacles that come with life. That nothing is as bad or as good as it seems at first. You have your entire life in front of you and although the obstacle seems like it will change all of that, it won't and if it does then make the best out of it and try to turn it into something good for you.

(coversfactory.com)
(coversfactory.com)

Most importantly, he has taught me to be myself. You won't get where you want to be in life if you don't be yourself. And your friends will be friends with the person you aren't. Pretending to be someone else simply causes problems and you will find life comes much easier when you are truly you. If that makes since then good, a lot of people wouldn't understand everything he tries to tell me, but I understand, because he understands me. Just in him understanding, it allows me to trust him and listen to what he has to say. And from there I can decide to take that advice and use it or not, and if I don't then it's okay, because he still tried to tell me and that shows a lot. It shows how much he cares, how much he knows, both about life and about me, and how he has had to learn from experiences in life just like anyone else. Some of his are similar to mine, some aren't but I can still learn from them. Him and his words inspire me and I have changed my life to his advice, it's helped me a lot and again, without him I don't know where I would be right now or what I would be doing, but whatever that would be, it doesn't matter, because I do have him in my life and that's what's important. Not the past, not the future, but what is happening right now and how you choose to interpret and deal with it.