Tim Horton

by Ryan from Sydney River, Nova Scotia, Canada

TIM "THE TIMBIT" HORTON

When you think of Tim Horton you think of a nice refeshing coffee, but there is so much more about him. There are many amazing heros in the world but the most amazing one is Tim Horton. Tim Horton's Camps raises about $7 million a year for those children in need. Tim Horton is dedicated, he devoted his life to forming a foundation for children that need a better life. Do you think that he's a hero? I bet all of those kids think he is!

Tim Horton is supportive, the Tim Horton's Camp raises about $7 million a year for those children that need a better life. There is one day a year where all the profit from Tim Horton's goes to the children camps. The camp started in 1974. Tim Hortons Camp is a non-profit foundation, so most of the money goes straight to the children. It takes place every year on June 9th. Tim Horton had a very successful 24 year hockey career, while on the side forming a buisness.

Tim Horton is dedicated, he devoted his life to his coffee shop and his hockey team. He is devoted to his business. He opened it in Toronto while playing with the Toronto Maple Leafs on the side. His hockey career lasted 24 years and his business has been going since 1964. In Tim's 44 years of life he spent every second either playing hockey or working at his coffee shop. If it wasn't for his devotion there wouldn't be a Tim Hortons' Children Foundation.

Tim is a caring man. He cares about his business and for those kids in need of a better life. He started a business along with his hockey career and he didn't just quit, he stuck with it! For all of those kids, he raised all kinds of money just for them to go somewhere to have a little fun. He cares about everything he did in his short lifetime, from running a buisness to playing professional hockey, and even down to those children that were less fortunate that couldn't enjoy a good life. Bobby Hull once said, "Tim is like a big friendly giant, he cares about everyone and everything."

There are many amazing heroes in the world but Tim Horton is the most amazing one! Tim made a camp for children, that makes about 7 million dollars a year. He is dedicated, he devoted his life to forming a foundation to those kids that were in need of a better life. Tim Horton is a caring person, he cares about his business and his professional hockey career and for those kids that are less fortunate.

Tim Horton's Children's Foundation - Committed to providing a fun-filled camp environment for children from economically disadvantaged homes.