Tim Tebow

by W. T. from Ocala, Florida

( www.commercialappeal.com/.../)
( www.commercialappeal.com/.../)

Tim Tebow is my hero for many reasons. He won the Heisman in 2007, he plays for the Florida Gators, is one of the best quarterbacks in the NCAA, and most importantly is a strong Christian.

Tim Tebow was born in the Philipines on August 14, 1987, while his parents were doing misionary work there. He was believed to be a miscarriage. But he was born, much to the relief of his family.

When he played high school football, everyone called him superman. That nickname followed him to Florida where in his 1st year as a Gator he was mainly used for short yardage situations, mostly being quarterback sneaks.

But his next season shocked everyone when the big "fullback" was discovered as a great passer! He broke records because of the amount of touchdowns he had (20 passing AND rushing). He won the Heisman that year.

But what really made him my hero is when I watched the Heisman awards. There, Tim Tebow proclaimed his faith as he thanked his Lord And Savior, Jesus Christ. And that is why he is my athletic and Christian role model!

Wikipedia - For more about Tim Tebow