Tim Tebow

by Tevin from Franklin

Tim Tebow is a hero because he gives his all at all times. He performs well on and off the field. I think he has a sad story before he was even born, but as always Tim Tebow overcomes adversity. He is a true leader and that's why he is a hero.

One reason why he's a hero is because he is like a football god! Tebow at the University of Florida has won many awards. In 2006 (freshman year) Tim Tebow was a big part of the Gators season. He helped them in key games with his rushing ability. That year the gators won the national championship. In 2007 Tebow won the Heisman trophy, the first sophomore to do such a thing. In 2008 Tebow lead the Gators to a 12-1 year and a national championship. With these kinds of stats you can see why he is consider a hero.

Another reason why he is a hero is because he is a true leader. After the September 27 loss to Ole Miss, Tebow stated that you would never see anyone work as hard as he would. He apologized to the "Gatornation" for that heart-breaking loss. Tebow lived up to his word by not losing another game that season and leading his team to a national championship. Tebow to me is a leader and always gives a 110% effort.

Finally, he doesn't put football first in his life. Tebow goes on the football battlefield with biblical verses painted under his eyes. Tebow's battle is jesus first, family second, and football third. Tebow is a virginal star football player.

We all have Tebow's mother to thank for choosing to give birth to him rather listening to what the doctors told her to do to protect her life. Tebow has done a lot on the football field and a lot of it to. Tim Tebow aka Superman has done enough to prove he is a hero to me and to many others.